Monday, November 05, 2007

Nonlinear regression

I have realized that I've been thinking about certain issues in too much of a linear fashion. Sometimes, things are revealed as you reach a point where you both care enough for it, and are at the cognitive level to understand it. A slightly shift in perspectives makes one a little more patient to annoying habits.

So I was skating this weekend while listening to my MD. I don't actually remember putting this song on, but "Awesome God" from VBS (a rather tribal remix of "Our God is an awesome God", complete with hand actions and stomping, which I almost started doing on reflex in the Oval -_-) started playing. Which was pretty cool, as that moment, the setting sun was positioned in a way that massive amounts of sunlight came pouring through the highwall windows onto the ice. Plus the ice was recently flooded, so it was all good. (y)

It's been a good reminder...of how I'm only capable of thinking inside the box. But God doesn't live in this box, does He? My linear extrapolations in a 3D world tells me a great deal of things to assume. But only a handful of them are true. At the C4C apologetics seminar on saturday, the speaker pointed out that there are still many things that cannot be proven by nonchristian sources. Many things are...but many are not. Those remaining segments requires a leap of faith. And if you've managed to extrapolate that our God indeed is an awesome God, I think that may be among the few handful of assumptions we can accurately make.

No comments: