Thursday, September 04, 2008

Kickin habits

So I suffer from bleeding gums, which is aggravated when I brush my teeth. I'm pretty sure people have told me this before, but when you're brushing your teeth, you gotta brush it with the gran (just Google "toothbrushing". I found this doing that). After my dentist gave me a lecture last week, I attempted to adjust. I've been really good...until this morning, when I totally forgot and subconsciously lapsed back to my against-gran teethbrushing habits. Thus I started bleeding again. Fun.

I was just reminded recently that formed habits are hard to kick. Those who know me would know that I'm a rather indecisive person. I tell myself that I can skimp out on little decisions (who cares where we eat...), cuz I can make big decisions (MCAT, or no MCAT...). My tendency to say "Doesn't matter" when asked about little things sometimes flow into bigger decisions. Not being able communicate properly and giving up prematurely ("oh forget it. never mind") means that big things don't get across either.

Apparently, Joanna started a rumour that I like pink (I don't. Don't even think about it). It seemed to have caught on with a few people. When I mentioned that I can't believe people actually believe this, she replied with "rumours have a bit of truth in them" (...okay. No comments). People will believe what sounds like is believable; there is some aspect of "truth" in it. Decisiveness will not spring from indecisiveness. Something like that. Maybe that's why I'm starting to point out things more often. To mentioned little appreciations. To (trying) be more assertive. No regrets, right? Reminded that little things matter too...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

other than the brushing method, maybe you're not getting enough calcium! that causes gums to be more prone to bleed.

calciuuuumm

Jo said...

Wow. Pink, eh? I'm impressed. I mean, I don't even like it. :P