Saturday, January 24, 2009

Knowledge limitations

There are days where I wish I could just leap into the air, and scream Bankai at the top of my lungs. Then I'd be endowed with some unparalleled weapon. Then I can obliterate whatever problem is around. Because I just can't figure it out.

Alas, it's not that easy.

The other day, I got into a conversation regarding intelligence. The concept of being smart. The state of having all the answers. What is...smart? We shared how many of our ideas are not actually original. And that the fact that it seems like we've got answers is simply because we've read it somewhere, or encountered someone else with this issue, and have learned from them. One could argue that "intelligent" people are predisposed to want to seek literature and value the importance of knowledge. But the idea I'm pushing is that no one actually have all the answers. No one can actually figure it all out. No one can predict what will happen. Some things just doesn't make sense. Maybe this entry is one of those things that just doesn't make sense.

Sometimes, knowledge only gets you so far. There comes times...more often that I first realized...where I have to throw my knowledge to the wind, and hope for the best.

Maybe I worry too much. Maybe I do.

2 comments:

Jorge said...

it will be nice if we are able to drop a pen (or a ruler) with a direction perpendicular to the surface of the floor, and just say bankai =)

Knowledge is good, very good. But there are things that surpass knowledge. Great mystery.

phil said...

On the flip side, perhaps we must learn from other sources before we can really synthesize our own... knowledge? For example, one doesn't conduct research and make discoveries without years of learning the fundamentals, techniques, and how other people made discoveries.