Saturday, April 29, 2006

CCF Grad 06 - Words of Elaine Ho

If you see a need for something to be done or you feel that you want things to be done differently then just go do it cuz otherwise it probably won’t change.

- Elaine Ho

Most people who has studied Psychology should be familiar with the Bystander Effect, and the Diffusion of Responsibility. I think, this quote is a direct reference to that. CCF, with its sheer size, has its advantages and disadvantages. Responsibility diffusion being a very common thing among groups (yes, I’m guilty of that too). I think, once in a while, we’re stuck with sudden inspiration, yet hesitate to act, or even to pass along the idea because it might not be a good idea. Thus the demise of what could very good be a pwnage idea. Logically, the person who came up with an idea should be most passionate about it, no? I’d like to think, if I came up with a dumb idea, I would be told so. You’ll have to trust your comrades to support you when you have an idea that is good, and to tell you when you have a bad idea. *insert Elaine’s “weaponry” photo here*

Reference: Elaine Ho, Grad of 2006

No comments: