Sunday, April 23, 2006

Random - granted

I think, time and time again, we have trouble appreciating what it is that we actually have until we’ve moved away. I guess the most pressing thing at the moment is people. Whither it’s family that we haven’t seen for the last four month, or the people leaving on work term, or graduates that are...well. Graduating. I think, we don’t realize how good the status quo can be until once again, life moves to disrupts it, and we’re called to move on, physically and mentally. Although it’s a lesson we’ve all learned many, many times, I think, it’s difficult to get desensitized to changes to a satisfactory status quo. I guess I want to remind (myself mainly), if you’ll regret that you didn’t say it, don’t put it off till tomorrow. You never know how a pat on the back...or a handful of words...or a nice gesture...I think, the best we can do is offer our support to the people close to us, even if they’re not physically. Remind them that we’re there, and the rest...well. The rest we really will have to leave up to God.

No comments: