Saturday, April 29, 2006

CCF Grad 06 - Words of Mike Yung

I think there is alot of time as university students that we think of ourselves as managers, and I think that's a tremendous disadvantage to us in terms of we don't work on a grassroots level per say. There are alot of things that needs to be done on this Earth. Some of it provide more recognition then others. But what I’ve learned is that, you really need to do those things that people don't see. To make the picture complete.

-Michael Yung

This line really spoke to me. I think, as an AV technician, I’m allowed to participated in the most exciting and intense of screenplays, of drama project and all sorts of productions that needs technical support. I guess it’s my way of getting involved, the pride of being part of a major project, and yet still able to do it all from the backstage. A certain degree of satisfaction knowing that the project will just not be the same without us, but yet, still able to stay anonymous at the same time. But AV is simple one example. There are many, many other roles. Stage crew. Runners. Outside the theatre, people like cleaners and people that set up. People that plan and organize the logistics. A great deal goes into any given project, and often it is the stars of the day that gets the credit. My philosophy as an AV techie is that I didn’t take on this role to get recognized. Heck, I like to act and sing (although horribly). If I really wanted to, I could’ve geared my development towards that, and maybe I could carry a pitch once in a while. "If you can talk, you can sing. If you can walk, you can dance." *shrug* We must complete this picture. If it was only us, there would be no production. If there wasn’t us, the production would be highly difficult to pull off. So lets make the picture complete.


I guess CCF kind of parallel with God sometimes, in terms of it's right there. and it's always there. but it needs you to ask to seek to knock for it to have any meaning in your life.

- Michael Yung

CCF is simply an organization. Nothing more, nothing less. What really makes CCF what it is today is the people in it. The faith. The prayer. The praise. Yet, like everything else in life, you must put in before you will receive. It was these words that solidify my belief that into to gain maximum possible from this organization we call CCF, we must give back into it. Service is my way (see below blog entry), but I look around and see so many more ways to march with my fellow CCF’ers. Like you, the people of CCF are busy too. We simply don’t have the time to reach out to every interested person that comes by. Heck, I don’t even have time to be with everyone I DO know...much less for new comers. We’ll do so much, and we’ll always be there. But CCF will still need you to ask, to seek, to knock...for it to have any real impact and meaning in your life.

Reference: Michael Yung, Grad of 2006

No comments: