Saturday, September 16, 2006

NSR

What is NSR? New Student Reception. Got a whole bunch of fellowships together, spewed a bit to some kids. Utter choas at some point. But it was alright at the end. It was alright.

So why did I do it? Why was I crazy enough to take on such a role after denying it before? Maybe a few reasons. Maybe I want to watch over the froshes. Maybe I wanted to gain some leadership skills. Maybe I just like to yell at people and watch things happen, like a manager. Maybe I'm subjected to trial by fire, having to speak before 90+ people...

I don't know. NSR just happened. Just like how Frosh Cell will happen. Just like how Lifesong will happen. I've liken myself to a Knight piece on a chess board. The odd piece that moves around funny. But decent when the enemy is unaware. Decent when I know what I'm doing. You gotta be smart to own with the knight. I used to think I was a guy that made things happen. Not really? I'm just a knight that the Player uses to make things happen.

A little tired, but got a reminder call the other day from someone unexpected. 12 minute long distance, but it was a good reminder nevertheless. And for that I just gotta fight a little harder.

Oh. The froshes are here. Alright...lets get to work. Good luck y'all.

"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the grave, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom." - Ecclesiastes 9:10

No comments: