Thursday, September 21, 2006

More random splurging

I think it finally hit me. I'm in second year. My comrades are in second year. We're second year. We've survived a long, challenging, but definating not unrewarding first year, and now we must take on more. We're no longer froshes. We now have responsibilties. Roles. Positions to fill. Jobs to do. People to build up. Places to go. Things to achieve.

Sometime during our small group time at the first Frosh Cell meeting (today)...as I explain what CCF is, and speak of my own experiences from first year...

As I walked home a frosh who lived at UWP as well...

As I speak with people concerned about their future, their health, their schooling, their life, their own comrades...

Even as I write this...I've realized that I've came a long way. Not quite the naive little frosh kid that walked through the doors of SLC so many days ago. No where close to the person I envision myself to be.

As people come to me for advices...guidance...even (gasp!) role model...I wonder...am I ready? am I correct? am I sure? am I who I need to be at this particular moment? am I focused, once again?

"Praying hard" -Noel Tsang

No comments: