Saturday, September 02, 2006

Click

Just finished watching the movie. It's interesting. Reminds me of that other movie...Family Guy? Family Man? Nicholas Cage. Though Click is more comedy based. I dunno. Movies like this always makes me think. We don't have a second chance to do things. We don't have the ability to live an alternative life, and see what we're missing...

I suppose. Movies like this. Life really is about the people. I suppose I should try harder. This term really has gone by too fast. And I don't even have a fast forward button. A few more random reflections...

- Talking to a friend back at home. On more then one occasion she had to beat some sense into me. In some ways, she held onto ideals I thought I held onto very strongly, yet she showed me very clearly that all I did was drop it cuz it was the easiest thing to do. And that's not how to do things. Gift from God...I'm not. But friendship is. Loyalty. I'm sure I'll need this reminder over and over again...will have to count on you for that one. Haa...Thanks...

- Encouraging a frosh coming from Churchill. Email another who I haven't talked to for a good five years. It's amazing on how they've grown. Heading straight first into environments they've never been to...seen before...ready to take it all on without any support or knowing anyone. I was able to help one...but the other, I'll just have to pray for...

- Leading a group in VBS and working with kids...and people who feel like kids. Haa... never really thought I might miss some of them. A few terms ago, I definitely wouldn't have given Sunday School another thought...but then, a few terms ago, I wasn't really walking either... something about their energy and drive. Can't lose that. Can't ever lose that. It's just like focus... you lose what you should be focused on, it's GG... and the most you can do is hope that someone else will walk with you and bring you back. And VBS did that.

- Facing the "Panel of men" after getting my man status revoked. It was funny yes. I rather they not have put me on the spot like for mis-identifying beef...it wouldn't even have been that bad, but then I DO come from Calgary...fun...no, I refuse to eat beef for a term...

And tomorrow is the last day of work. This time tomorrow, I'll be sitting in my UWP room, planning for NSR again. Emailing people. Getting in my last hellos before school locks me back into the system. And so it goes. I'm not even gone yet and already I miss work term. Just a little bit.

Find myself thinking of a few people right now. A small family in 1987. A few aunties in 1990. The family in 1991. A handful of kids in 1994. Another handful in 1996. Yet another handful in 1998. The grads of Sr.Rock in 2002. Churchill's IB class of 2005. The Engineering grads of 2006. VBS crew of 2006. And so forth.

Lets go.

No comments: