Sunday, August 05, 2007

Random thoughts

Lost for words, when I saw the age in your eyes...no time to chat, cuz I'm on the run too...

I dunno. Maybe I was just tired myself. You know how people say eyes are the window to the soul (or something weird like that)...or did I pick that up cuz I already knew people were tired and stressed and whatnot.

I was flipping through old pictures the other day. From UWCCF. From UWOACF. Looking for things I can use for FX Slideshow. As I look at how cheerful these snapshots are, and think about how well they are doing now...some are uberly stressed. Some are happy that school is done. Some are pushing themselves onward on raw willpower. Some are worried. Some are bored. Some are tired.

Sometimes, I can't help but feel ... jealous ... of those with higher degree of socialness. At least to the degree that I see my fellow comrades exhibit. It's like...the only way I could tend to people (in the way I do, anyway) is if I knew them. And the only way to know them is to communicate and interact with them. These days, the only real way I walk out of what I've got already is if He puts someone in my mind. Can't seem to randomly lance these days. I was listening to someone share about other people the other day...I was thinking...I've spent the same, if not more, amount of time with these same group of people. How is it that you're able to get so much more out of it all...

As people graduate and move on...or get bogged down by school or boy/girlfriends...as things from the left and the right take up more attention, we just gotta live with it. Yes, I realize my priorities isn't shared by everyone else. We're claiming ownership of our fellowship, yes. And we're trying to keep in mind to stay away from the "we've always done it this way" mentality, yes. But...

Of all the visions that has been handed down to us, a few still sticks out in my mind. These...are probably the hardest ones to fulfill...

Eric: Go out and get your own story.
Ada: Set the campus on fire.
Elaine: Be the change you want to see.

No comments: