Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Defending Your Honour

you'll be my anchor,
I'll be your kite;
you'll keep me from leaving the ground
I'll keep you connected to the sky

Random night. Not wanting to sleep yet, blog leaping like I always do. Came across Shirley's blog, where I read that.

I've pretty much forgotten 85% of what I read from Wild at Heart, but if there was one thing I did remember, it was the concept of defending. About how guys were built do defend things. Ideas and ideals. Places and things. Friends and family. Guys that have played video games...or read comics...or play pretend...people who play hockey...

Games by Blizzard are awesome. The one unit's saying that's stuck in my head has been the Knight from WarCraft II. His acknowledgement saying was...

Defending your honour.
For the king.

He says that even if I send him to take on armies of Grunts. Even if I send against Orge Mages. Against Juggurnauts. Against Dragons. Over and over again...Defending your honour.

Maybe it's easy when you're a 30 by 30 pixel. Just...relentless halbering. Maybe it seems like it's easy for those "uber" Christians. It's never easy though. And I suppose...when it gets hard to say those words, we gotta try harder, to perform the roles we were built to do. I want to say, give me a bit to get prepared, I'm not ready. But You're telling me, every moment gone is another one lost. I'm as ready today as I will be for today.

Defending Your honour. For the King.

Highlight of the day: "You are a biscuit" -CL

No comments: