Monday, September 03, 2007

Calgary

So here I am again. After two years, I'm back in Calgary, Alberta. For those of you that don't know, I'm here for my coming work term (no, not London -_-), starting tuesday. Fairly long, but eventless flight. Alot of thinking time...

Earlier today, I was faced with a question. The question was...

Is God in your plans...or are you in God's plans?

That stopped me. Cuz I was totally ready to blurt out that God is totally part of my plans. I'm planning on getting involved in fellowship...mentoring the kids I left (man...some of them are in university now. Getting old). Isn't all this...ministry?

I think, over the past few month, I've gotten so used to just doing things...attending committee meetings, generating action items, and just getting at it all...that I've forgotten what I'm fighting for...it really does look like God is at the centre of all this...BUT...is He really?

I've made a general assessment of the situation...some of it is worse than antcipated. Some of it is the same. Looking out the window right now, it's a bleak and cloudy day. The term doesn't necessarily feel any easier to take on, but the knowledge that even though I'm in "foreign" land, I'm still thought of, is quite reassuring.

And if God is bigger than CCF...then He's bigger than anything that Calgary can throw at me. Calgary CCF. CCAC. Family. Friends.

Lets do this. Whoever sees this, do me a huge favour and message me...remind me to pray occasitionally. Remind me the life is not just video games and work. PDEng and sleep. Remind me to pray...and I'll do the same.

Apparently the older I get, the more prideful and anal I will become. Oh joy...

No comments: