Saturday, May 31, 2008

Cycling

So today I got chatting with a certain Dave Tse (some wedding brought in loads of Seattle people. Something like that). I remember back in first, second year, I'd constantly hear about all these big names in CCF. All the people who did loads for the fellowship. The people who stepped up. The people who took care of other people. Etc. Over the years, I've had the chance to meet some of them. Now, I think I can really say CCF never really changes.

I suppose we got chatting about the only thing that a 20 and a 27 year old Waterloo students could have in common: UWCCF. He shared a bit about his CCF experiences, I talked a bit about my own. Of how in his last years, the people of their year talk about the good old days and worry about where CCF is going (the new froshes of their graduation was the '08/'09s...you guys fill in the rest =P). At the end of first year, the fact that I was solidly in CCF was because of those same people that Dave's year worried about.

Haaa. At this point in time, I'm pretty sure I've done a "oh those were the good old days" routine at least one. And I've complained about CCF being doomed. And etc. Just like the people before me.

Dave mentioned that it was good to hear that CCF is still going strong. That the "paying forward" mentality lives on. That CCF is still a community. That people are still seeing the very best that CCF has to offer. That their work is still being carried out on the campus of the University of Waterloo. Encouragement from the good old days.

And so really, CCF never really grows up. People just continuously moves though it. One day, the people I still call my froshes will take our place. They'll be the ones lamenting about the good old days. Of how CCF is different now. Stress about all its issues. Fill all the niches because no one else would. And it goes on and on.

CCF lives on.

No comments: