Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Term Reflection

It's 12.20, but I should get this released...

I think, alot of things happened this term. Hockey. VBS. CCF Coffeehouse. Work as a programmer. Cooking for myself. Doing dumb things like Mac and cheese + strawberry milk. Surviving off sandwiches. Breaking my own record by eating 5 sandwiches in one day. Getting my first paycheque. Burning all my savings on tuition. Random late night discussions with CCF people. Engineering Convocation. Prep for Frosh Week and NSR. And so forth.

Among that, I've learned many things. But the most profound thing...reminded that I only hold a piece of the puzzle. And He's got the box with the picture on it. And really...I can only see so much. And if I can help, then great. If I can't...well. He must have His reasons.

A funny thing comes to mind. The other day, me and two of my co-workers piled into his car, we're going out for lunch. Being indecisive, Sunny just started his car and drive forward and said "Jon, decide now. Right or left." Naturally, I paniked. I just blurt out "left", and off we went. At the next intersection, again, "right or left"...and so we were like that until we reached A&W and Quiznos. But wow. Reminded me one thing... start knowing where you're going. With the end in mind. And if the plan coincides with His...it'll happen. Otherwise, you'd be like some random kid in a car, blurting out right and left, hoping that it will lead to a place to eat.

Lastly, the most motivating things might not always come in big packages...but small things too. It may be a gentle river...or a wind in the trees...even a swan romping around a bunch of ducks. Yeah...there's swans and ducks at the Stratford river...was watching them after Twelfth Night. They were just walking around...then they got into the river. Duck's massive underwater paddling. Perseverance.

And so here we go. Fall term of 2006, commencing in 5 days. 2A...here I come...

Current planned agenda: Frosh Week. NSR. School. Frosh Cell. Lifesong. Jackson + Rebecca's wedding. Find job in London. More pending...

Whew. Lets do it.

No comments: