Friday, October 20, 2006

Leadership

Don't know how much CCF here ppl comes here...had to step away from the place for a while, so I dropped by WCF today instead, and had a listen to share about the points of leadership today. Though it was not any particularly deep, it did remind me a bit of the talk Auntie Maureen gave me ... 6 month ago? The speaker quoted this verse:

"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me - put it into practice." - Philippians 4.8-9

Wow. How much of us can say that? "Whatever you've seen in me, do it?" To have so much confidence in your self-character to want other people to look to you and know that this is the role model they could look to.

So. Lets plunk down some mentorship stuff, since I have this loaded up anyway...pulling points from the CCF Fall Retreat...

- Don't belittle humble beginnings. The CCF that we call home was once meeting in the basement of a professor
- Invest in the people around you, especially the younger generations. We cannot realize what the effects of our influences are now...the younger ones are the one that will continue the fellowship...the school...the society...the world... not even just when we're here at university, when we return home too. Support the students -> and mentor
- I'm consistantly university will be a unique time. Very few oppotunties like University will occur...the community we have here will not be the same once we've graduated and scattered across the world, each to our places. Make good use of it. Develop your mind. Read good books. Walk.
- And in the next 4, 5 years, people will change. So stay connected with your friends. Or else you will find that, once you're home, home is a totally different environment... stay connected! University friends, home friends alike. Hard, I know, and I've been pretty bad at this. I try harder once in a while though. Haaa...

And mentorship...
- Communication
- Balance and shifting of responsibilties
- Pray
- Maintain focus
- And lift up the rest to Him

Almost forgot my random point (no quote today): Scanning Tunneling Microscope. *nods*

No comments: