Friday, October 27, 2006

Little exhortations

Today a strange thing happened at a, what otherwise would be a normal Frosh Cell planning meeting. I got a random text message, sent through the online text system.

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength." - Philippians 4.13

Came to the conclusion that it was some random CCF person, since a few other CCFers got something as well. Whoever it is, thanks. It came a little late to save me from Calculus-3, but it was encouraging indeed. It came at a time when we're preparing to ramp into the idea of serving in FC...what does it take to serve?

No. Not skills (well. that'd help. haa.) Not charisma. Not any special "level" you have to achieve or whatnot. Just one thing. Willingness. It seems like I'm contracting what I've referred to just a few days ago, but remembering my own experiences...

Sometimes...it's not the big fancy roles. NSR coordinator. Frosh Cell leader. Sometimes it's the everyday stuff. KWCAC AV. Prayer. And once in a while, it's the little things...baking for CCF peoples. Random emailing. A phone call at 12.30AM. Haa...

"...but those who hope in the LORD renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." - Isaiah 40.31

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." - Isaiah 41.10

Hum. Someone put effort into this. Thank you.

Okay. I can't resist. "[CS course on accounting systems] talks about the accounting system and suck" - Amantha Ho (random typo. "Suck" was suppose to be "such", but she was telling me how screwed she was for that MT, so...lol such a good typo. laughed for a bit. haaa)

No comments: