Monday, October 09, 2006

Report from MTL

I could be working. lol. Sorry for all you non-Waterloo audience. This one is pretty much for the locals (local used loosely here. Waterloo-Toronto-Montreal area).

Congrats to Rebecca and Jackson. They got married at Montreal, Quebec this Saturday (Oct 7), so a few of us from CCF, MCCF and KWCAC bused/drove down...14 hours of net travel time. oyy...

However, Montreal gives off quite a different feel. Most of its buildings have a very European feel to them. Very cool. It's like one of them movies with European stuctures. All the red "Arret" signs, complete with accents on the e. ~50 cloth shops on St. Catherines Street. Ownage ambiance at Montreal Alliance. Yeah...I think MCAC feels better than MCAGC, but MCAGC was also built downtown, so they didn't really have the space to expand... The driving was kind of nuts though. I'm surprised no one got nailed with all the ... car shuffling that happened on HWY-20 (or rather AUT-20)...

As for the wedding itself...I dunno. It's cool being able to attend a wedding + reception and actually know the groom and bride, but I guess it's your typical wedding. Reception had AV problems (lol. chalk it up to me to shiver at the feedback eh...hey, Herman was doing it too!). Haaa...I felt like a physist watching a sci-fi movie, pointing out all the physics flaws.

Once we got back into Toronto, we had some time to waste before Grayhound arrived, so Eric was nice enough to drive us (well. me I guess, since Lue and Steve would know TO already) around. I have to say...UT campus >> UW campus...any random building looks better than UW's MC...sigh... it's too bad I didn't step onto McGill's campus too. I would've been on 3 campuses in one day. lol.

Alright. I don't think I'll be going on a road trip anytime soon. Stuck in a car for 14 hrs...once a term might already be too much ><

"No capes!" -Edna Mode (yes, the random quotes will get more random as times goes on)

No comments: