Thursday, June 14, 2007

Flushin of prayers

I enjoy a good analogy. It breaks down big things into little, understandable things. Here's a nice random one. lol.

So I was sitting in class...last class of the day. With about 10 minutes left in class, I felt this urge. Nature is calling. I had to go to the bathroom. I say, hey, whatever, I can wait 10 minutes. 10 minutes later...the prof decide to spew extra. You know that feeling. It was a painfully long 3 minutes. But as soon as the prof stopped talking, I bolted. Ahh...

So how much of us think about the bathroom? It's one of those rooms that we're only in there cuz we need to. You can hang out in the kitchen...in the bedroom...in the living room. You just don't hang out in the bathroom.

Sometimes, I find myself treating prayer like the toliet. Go there when I'm in a jam and really gotta use it. Normally, it doesn't occur to me. Sure, once in a while I'd spend some quality (read: sink scrubbing and cleaning) time, but usually, it's just ... there. Something we take for granted.

Once in a while, I'd feel Him call me to pray. Any other time...well. You just gotta walk in the bathroom willingly.

lol. Trust midterms to give me wierd analogies. 2 more left...looking forward to Saturday. Nice day of rest and partyin. lol.


Postnotes: Was flippin through Tsa's photos cuz it's 1.15 in the morning and I don't feel like studying no more. Had a laugh at the Waterloo album. The London "Summer 2007"...oh man. I miss London. Too much random fun at House 4. What I need right now is a good game of DotA. Or Settlers. Or something...or ECE261: Power Circuits.

oy.

2 comments:

theresa :) said...

and london misses you! come visit :)

good analogy!

pi said...

i hang out in the bathroom.
seriously. not all the time, mind you - but it's a great place to read.
in my old house, we had a window in the bathroom - the light would stream in, beautiful.
i read in the bathroom, not just at the 'obvious' time - but I used to love reading in the shower. yes. the shower. made for wet books, but great calm.

i'm glad you're using the bathroom to pray =) unfortunately, my new house doesn't have the window in the shower area - i miss it a little, the calm and quiet were nice; now that time is semi only reserved for actual showering... ^_^
hope you're doing well. God bless + take care