Saturday, June 30, 2007

Listener

Even with a role that's simple like listening...perhaps it's because it's so simple that we forget it. Why we weld our swords. Why we serve. why we listen. The second it changes from God God God to I I I, we know we got a problem. And so that brings that life-long struggle against pride.

I think, another thing is saying things for the sake of sounding more...Christian. One day, I'll be standing before Him. Will be made accountable for every word said, every action done. Don't be misunderstood. Intentions are important.

If the people that I was talking to today ever read this, I apologize for my choices of words. I meant well, but in the spur of the moment, the thoughts get lost in that struggle against pride...and it becomes counting on me and I...instead of counting on me and God. I'm just a representitive. Yes, I'm listening. But that's not really the point. The point is...God is also listening. He's always listening.

No comments: