Thursday, June 14, 2007

Old photographs

I suppose I could've went out to lunch with them. I'm not getting any studying done right now anyway...

There's something really cool about flipping through old photos. Last summer, I flipped through alot of old CCF stuff. Before my time. Saw and learned things. The people that have just graduated. The people that are long gone, that I've never met. People of stories and legends.

Today, once again, I was flipping through Theresa's stuff. Many of those pictures I've seen, due to ACF banquet video. Many I have not. Of people who ... just 6 month ago, was just another face to me. Now I can attach meaning to them. Laugh and enjoy this community that has been recorded, a snapshot in time. lol. ACF. House 4. Sam's place. Weldon. ACF Exec. Old fogies group. Women cell? LCAC. Random nice day out. UCC. Bubble blowing. Health party. Etc...

Sometimes, I wonder if I live in the past too much. I suppose its good. Some things were better then. But we're not living back then right now, are we? Eric's words are coming back to mind.

Go and get your own story. I never really understood. Till he said it again to me. Go and get your own story. Push on ahead. Things may be been good before. It may have sucked before. But you gotta pick up the pieces and learn from them. That was their story. Go get your own. Story-sharing and borrowing ideas is great and all ... but ... go get your own story.

Are you living your own story? Not the one that was set aside for someone else...but your own?

No comments: