Friday, February 22, 2008

London, Ontario

It felt like of weird to be visiting London. All the buildings that looked familiar. All the ones that didn't. This morning, I woke up from my couch in Summit 4, vaguely remembering the countless Settler hours. Washed off, then went to take the bus. And the bus just left. Yay. Perhaps I was too reminded of that time I walked to Western to watch a volleyball game; I walked on. Walked past all the familiar buildings. That funny purple house that sold printer ink. Althouse, where I watched a musical. London Hall, where I met up with Jeff. Essex, where I helped Amantha and Siying pack. That civil joints structure, that reminded me of Waterloo. Thames Hall, where I watched volleyball games. Weldon, where I randomly read. UCC, where I stayed overnight, and had many prayer meetings. Walked though the "hole in the wall", that Gloria "magic'ed" up. Deli, a long night chat with Yunping. Taylor, where everyone always goes. Robarts, where I worked.

It's funny. I don't think I would've missed London if I hadn't visited it. Everytime I walked into Taylor, I kept on expecting to see Shelby or Enoch there. It's hard to believe that it has been a year since I stepped onto London soil, but as time goes on and people move on...I wonder if it'd be like this if I come back to Waterloo campus, 3 or 4 years from now, where I'll be looking for shadows of what once there, but not. Where everything will be the same...but not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"if I come back to Waterloo campus, 3 or 4 years from now, where I'll be looking for shadows of what once there, but not. Where everything will be the same...but not."

Yes, it's true - everything will be the same, but not. I use the phrase "time warp" to describe how I often feel.