Sunday, February 03, 2008

Reflection on Retreat

It's been a week since UWCCF Winter Retreat ended. I got a few people asking me...how did Retreat go? To be honest, I really haven't thought about it. When I was there, it just felt like...some event. When I left...it was just another CCF event, coming to a close. What? I organized it? Seemed like a strange concept, when I left. They say that some Olympic athletes wake up the next day, after wining a gold medal, all sad and depressed, because they've trained so long and hard and finally achieved their goal...and now that they've done that, they have no goals. lol. Maybe that's what this was. Denial. 3 month of planning. 2 day event. Done. Life returned back to what it was before, and I'm behind 3 weeks worth of school.

I had alot of people tell me Retreat was good. Well organized. Good speaker. Logistically, things went alright. I did not hear of any major crises. No one got seriously injured. I didn't even have a Situation 3, even though I was totally ready for someone to scream "peanuts!! peanuts!!" The food was pretty good and the weather was nice. We've had a few "situations", but it seems like things are okay, from what I last heard.

I suppose there alot of things I should be thankful for. Such as God producing a speaker totally randomly, with 2 weeks left. Or letting me fail PDEng so that I can bring another person with me to Retreat the next day. Or pulling together an awesome team which carried Retreat to success (totally was my team. I delegated good XD). During sharing, these were the things I shared about. Yet...

lol. I think, if someone were to come up to me and asked me if I had any part in Winter Retreat 2008, I'd probably say no on reflex. It doesn't really feel that I'm the main coordinator for the event. Maybe I did get something out of it all. I just don't know what it is yet.

1 comment:

Jo said...

Indeed God has been good to provide me with my own personal ERT. :) The only people yelling "peanuts!" were perhaps you and jackal...