Saturday, July 28, 2007

CCF Term End Sharing

Last night was CCF sharing night. I never really did like sharing much. Especially before big crowds. Yet I always end up doing it. Before Sr Rock in high school, when I was asked to talk. Before the 90 froshes of NSR. And almost each term I have been in CCF, I've said something.

I think, it's funny cuz what I shared about is mostly from London, and the wide range of experiences I recieved from there. Perhaps, none of what I got was more impacting than...

"What is given to you is not for you. But for me. And everyone else."

Anyone who attends P&R would recognize Roger's opener. Indeed...as a seed sower, I would never know if what I do, the words I utter, the actions I perform, the roads I walk...I would never know if it is worth any or not. I would never know if Frosh Cell 2006 was good in bringing the froshes together. I would never know if NSR 2006 brought even one hesitant frosh to fellowship. I would never know if my random baking runs at ACF or even the time I spend in my living room, waiting for my housemates to get ready so that we can walk off to class together...

How could I know the impact of my hands, if not from God Himself? I too am among the people who are wondering...God? Are you seeing the things I'm doing? Is it...pleasing to You?

I was once told that no one has a boring testimony. When I first heard that, I laughed. For when I assess my life, I believed I didn't have much. *shrugs* the people around me seemed to be so on fire...or so pwnage at what they do. I'm just an ordinary guy. I sit here and complain about how much better everything can be, only simply cuz I can...cuz when I really sit down to assess what I do have...I've already been blessed more than I can count.

Imagine my surprise when a frosh at CCF mentioned (who doesn't even attend Waterloo...she's a Western kid who's home for the term) that she's in fellowship cuz of my influence. Apparently I asked her if she wanted to go to CC and she said she'll think about it. The only real thing I did was follow up on that and made sure that CC has her registered (ahh connections lol). That was it. Yet...she was able to attribute her particpation in UWCCF because of her going to CC, because she was curious at what fellowship was like and wanted to see what we were about with her own eyes...and now she'll return to UWO ACF with that, a member of the fellowship.

I remember she was saying about how funny it is that she, a non UW student, is integrated into UWCCF, while not at UWO ACF yet. I almost started laughing...for isn't that where I was in January? Walking hesitantly into a fellowship that's even bigger than CCF...while thinking, oh crap. I'm in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by people I don't know.

But I'd say it turned out okay. And all this happened cuz a Western student told me about UWO ACF, and I wanted to see this fellowship that she loves with my own eyes...lol. Sounds kind of like that kid with CC, no?

You want to know why I pray...or do the random things I do...or talk to the people I do? It's to give God chances to work. Cuz seriously, He's God. He doesn't need some 2nd year university student. But He chooses to, and so I gotta raise to the occasion.

2 comments:

theresa :) said...

so happy that you're using what you got from acf and bringing it to ccf. way to rise to the occasion! God uses the obedient in mighty ways :)

pi said...

nice.

ditto's on tsa