Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Collide by Howie Day

For some reason, I'm thinking of that song, Collide by Howie Day. I first heard it at Lifesong W06, so I naturally drew a line between "You" and God. But now that I'm reading the lyrics again...I realize that there such link is was implicitly primed via Lifesong.

Just been thinking about all the stuff I should've been but haven't. Whatever next term will bring. Next year's committee. Possible Fall workterm in Calgary. Possible Winter Committee role in 3A. Possible Australia STM in WKTRM4. Each of these I can still back out of. Each of these I could still say no to.

Then the people that's been on my mind. People in London; ACF and LCAC. People in Waterloo; CCF and KWCAC; People in Calgary; Family, friends and CCAC. How can I hope to convey the words and thoughts I hope to? How well do I understand them myself?

I think, the magnitudes of the things I'm attempting and challenging are starting to reveal themselves. The trials I've seen my upperyear comrades face are rolling around to me as well. It feels almost like the whole "first year trying to pull a fifth year" thing again. Just not as funny this time. Of all times for everything to collide, the various battles and locations, of people and events, all rolling into one... lol. maybe it's a sign of age.

Be still...be still...trying to be still...and remember that He is God...

Chia delivered an interest challenge against me the other day. Just exactly how bitter am I? I don't know. Calgary spanned 11 years. And 11 years is a long time to remember everything. I guess.

Collide by Howie Day

The dawn is breaking
A light shining through
You're barely waking
And I'm tangled up in you
Yeah

I'm open, you're closed
Where I follow, you'll go
I worry I won't see your face
Light up again

Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the wrong words seem to rhyme
Out of the doubt that fills my mind
I somehow find
You and I collide

I'm quiet you know
You make a first impression
I've found I'm scared to know I'm always on your mind

Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the stars refuse to shine
Out of the back you fall in time
I somehow find
You and I collide

Don't stop here
I lost my place
I'm close behind

Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the wrong words seem to rhyme
Out of the doubt that fills your mind
You finally find
You and I collide

You finally find
You and I collide
You finally find
You and I collide

No comments: