Friday, May 25, 2007

CC - Unity

I've been thinking about unity for a long time now. Ever since I found out there was other CCFs on other campuses last summer term. Has it really been a year already? wow...

One of the things I regret the most about CC is that I hung out mostly with my Western and Waterloo friends. Winter Retreats tend to have those..."lets meet and get ot know as much people as I can in the next three days" feel. Campus Challenge...the schedule was so packed, it's so easy to stick with the people you DO know. And thus I didn't benefit in that direction as I had hoped...meeting more people from other A/CCFs.

I vaguely remember one of the other fellowships saying to the rest of us..."we need you". It's like...just like a younger brother is lead by an older one (somewhere in Romans...), a more "mature" fellowship can be an encouragement to "younger" ones. CC reminded me of my want to see unity...

I dunno. When my plans for Western was solidified, I kept on thinking of how cool it would be if we had a joint Retreat. Just so I didn't have to pick between the two campuses. Logistically, that would be so hard...especially if typical retreat numbers (80+ per fellowship?) shows up. 160 people. Where are we gonna stick 160 people? That's almost CC...

But even closer to home...I was talking to my roommate who goes to cCCF. Apparently they didn't even KNOW about CC. eCCF, as the dominant division of CCF on campus, have to be the first to reach out and connect with the other CCFs around. mCCF. cCCF. I'd even include LCCF, though I dunno if they're active this term.

I remember thinking about ACF and how they chose their focus. Ideally, they're at a far better spot then we are. ACFers attend several churchs (I regular LCAC and WLAC, the two Alliance churches in town), but there's at least 3 other churchs that other ACFers attend. They have 3 councilers, 2 which are always there (well. They'll be gone for next year, but...). Their focus on Friday nights (even prayer meetings, sometimes) typically have been on the spiritual side of Christianity. This is possible because collectively, they have a wide knowledge pool. Information from 5 churches, 3 dedicated councilers. Collectively. How often these informations are shared...well. That's totally up to debate. The thing is...ACF, being more inwardly focused, have members who seek each other out on a regular basis to perform discussion. Maybe it's just me, but I don't really see that happening at CCF...lol. Outside of Committee. Outside of Men Cell. Outside of Our Weekly Rice. What information we DO have is not exchanged well. lol...that sparked something in my Communications brain. What to do, what to do...

Right. Unity. So if ACF can be seen as an unity of 5 different churchs...can we treat the 4 CCF divisions in Waterloo as a unity of 4 CCFs? I've attended mCCF before. They have quite a different feel than we do at eCCF. I would assume the same at cCCF and LCCF...and how much of that knowledge pool are we sharing? It's not like Western and Waterloo, where we're an hr and a half away from each other...all 4 of these CCFs were once ONE fellowship! Yet...people did not know about recent conferences. cCCF didn't know about CC. We had no one attending CC from these two fellowships.

I suppose, with my Western ACF connections (I know Herman has random connections...Derek Yau has Queens CCF connections), I want to do something with it. God sent me all this for a reason. I seriously have tons of resources at my finger tips. Be a good steward of my talent, said Jesus.

The real question now is...what to do. What to do...what to do...what to do...

No comments: