Monday, May 14, 2007

Love = God

So I found myself dosing off at DC library, like usual, while trying to finish my E241 assignment. Got some random thoughts during that process that I though I should record.

I feel that the general public uses certain words to casually...to the point that the word no longer means what it was suppose to. "Love"...I shake my head everytime someone says "I love you" to someone else carelessly...

Alright. We'll see if this make sense...

You shall not misuse the name of the LORD your God, for the LORD will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name. - Exodus 20.7

Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. - 1 John 4:8

Sounds awfully like...don't misuse "love" either... maybe this is major extrapolation on my part.

Or take ships as an example. Although they are so large and are driven by strong winds, they are steered by a very small rudder wherever the pilot wants to go. Likewise the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. - James 3.4-5

No comments: