Saturday, May 12, 2007

Snapshots

Funny. The first time I can post for the next little while, I'd be whinning about things...I suppose it is good to be home. To be with people I haven't seen for a while. Serving my fellowship as a Committee member. Yet...

It would seem that...over the months that I was on co-op, absorbing the culture of ACF, CCF seems to have gotten...smaller. Less familiar. Sure, many of the same brothers are still around. The relentless hand of graduation hasn't pushed them all to the outside world yet. But...

I suppose, this is just a continuation of the growing up process. Having more and more things to do, with less and less people to confide in. And if it's difficult for me, who's got people watching my back...how much harder is it for others...

I've been reading "Wild at Heart" by ... some guy. Can't seem to find the book right now. But the book basically revolves around men are design and built to fight and get through situations in a pinch. Except for Adam did not stop Eve at the Fall, and instead of us fighting for the ultimate Beauty (God), we're fighting for the next best thing (Daughters of Eve), and thus, being misfocused and misaligned, we get totally GGed. Know what you're fighting for.

Maybe I'm not putting enough effort. But my dream seems so much further away and so much more difficult to attain then when I nursed it back in Winter term...

Maybe it's the whole getting adjusted to things. Maybe it's the additional responsiblities for all the stuff I've gotta do and think about. Maybe it's the heavy academic load. I dunno. Maybe it's just an upper year thing. Stupid second-year blues.

Need to strengthen them foundations. Times like this, there really is only one thing to do...and that's getting back to the basics...

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soula nd with all your mind and with all your strength. - Mark 12.30

No comments: