Wednesday, May 23, 2007

CC - UWO reflections

A few things I want to blog about, except for I don't have the time to just sit down and just go at it. School's not gonna get any easier anytime soon...

Unity. Preserverence. Risktaking. Overcoming. A handful of stuffs. Many thoughts surrounding CC.

Left Waterloo on Friday, at 3pm. Got back into bed at Tuesday, 3am. It was a long trip, but not unrewarding. Will slowly write about things as I have time.

I've had the chance to share this a few times already, but...I want to write about it anyway. It had to do with inter-campus prayer time on Monday morning. The fellowship confession and sendoff. It just so happens that Western Ontario was the university that Waterloo got to pray for. When Yuling asked for a representative from Waterloo to come forth from Waterloo, (and I so should've expected this) I hear my name (For those of you who weren't at CC, random Jon Lin chants happened at CC...-_-).

I really, really don't like stagework. I don't like public prayers (tho this one is getting better). Put the two together, I normally would've whinned like no tomorrow to avoid going on stage. But I went...with surprisingly little amount of complaint...

I think, I was really happy I was able to do that. The members of Western ACF joke around alot, and I've more or less tuned out (tried to -_-) all the Jon Lin chants I got throughout the weekend...but to be the first name to come to mind in a situation like this? It was quite an honour, to be able to lift the fellowship that I attended during my short 4 mth there...and to be truly considered one of them.

After I sat down, I wasn't really able to concentrate on the prayers of the other campuses...my mind jumped through a few random events from last term...

- Enoch handing me his NKJV; the morning I got an email from UWCCF for appointment and left my Bible at home. Wanting a Bible to encourage myself with, I ran up to Taylor, in hopes that someone would be there. "It's always good to have a spare sword," was what he said to me when he told me to hold onto it for the day.

- Jon Tong, for his grad video clip: "Remember, now that I'm leaving, there will always be someone outside of Western, outside of London, who cares about you. So finally, there will always be questions, but others who are asking the same ones. So keep growing in the knowledge of God. God bless, and I love you all very much."

A handful more...
- 4AM dance by Loey and Pris, on Peanut butter and jam
- Walking to school to watch volleyball
- Feeling good cuz I got to school before the next Dundas bus came
- Random bakings
- Coffeehouse (I think I gained from this event more than I think...)
- Taylor (lol. How can I forget Taylor?)

...

Though, the thing that's coming to mind now is...I'm still at 28/40 for Lent. Not even close on finishing. Oyyy...dunno if I can complete it...

Standing at a funny place. A guy of two worlds, of London and Waterloo. It was fun though. Watching these two homes come together...though, I really wished it could've lasted longer. CC was way too short.

No comments: