Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Clear skys

You know those days where the weather is so fine...and you really don't want to do anything...and the sky is clear and you just want to whip out a lawn chair or something...and just watch the stars till you fall asleep? Tonight is one of those nights. Alas...I should do some work...

I'm almost done reading Wild at Heart. I think, the single biggest thing I'm getting out of it is that...we were design to fight for something. Men were designed to battle. To come through in a pinch. To defend things.

The concept of the Knight (Old English roots..."servant") is the same everywhere. In Japan, the Samurai (Japanese...also "to serve")...the knight's code of chivalry (as well as the Samurai's bushido)...you could read about specifics on wikipedia I guess. Merciful. Humble. Courteous. Brave. Loyal. Follower of God. The knight was a Christian concept...call me a little boy, but that's a pretty powerful image.

Sigh...I know where I want to be. I know who I want to stand with. I know what I want to defend. But just like I should be working, instead of fall asleep under the stars, I should be doing some studying, instead of dreaming about a world beyond my own...

No comments: