Friday, January 26, 2007

iTune Shared Libraries

At work we have Macs. Apparently iTunes have this Share Playlist function, so I've been listening to my co-worker's songs throughout the day. A few old school songs that brought a few laughs. A few others were really cool. Lets see...random excerpts..


When I Look to the Sky by Train
And as I float along this ocean
I can feel you like a notion that won't seem to let me go
Cause when I look to the sky something tells me you're here with me
And you make everything alright
And when I feel like I'm lost, something tells me you're here with me
And I can always find my way, when you are here

Whether I am up or down or in or out or just plane overhead
Instead it just feels like it is impossible to fly
But with you I can spread my wings
to see me over everything that life may send me
When I am hoping it won't pass me by

And when I feel like there is no one that will ever know me
There you are to show me...


All Star by Smash Mouth
Somebody once asked could I spare some change for gas
I need to get myself away from this place
I said yep, what a concept
I could use a little fuel myself
And we could all use a little change

Well the years start coming and they don't stop coming
Fed to the rules and I hit the ground running
Didn't make sense not to live for fun
Your brain gets smart but your head gets dumb
So much to do so much to see
So what's wrong with taking the back streets
You'll never know if you don't go
You'll never shine if you don't glow

You'll never know if you don't go
Only shooting stars break the mold


Lumberjack Song by Monty Python
I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK
I sleep all night and I work all day.

I cut down trees, I eat my lunch
I go to the lavatory.
On Wednesday I go shopping and have buttered scones for tea

I cut down trees, I skip and jump
I like to press wild flowers.
I put on women's clothing and hang around in bars.

I cut down trees, I wear high heels
Suspenders and a bra.
I wish I'd been a girlie, just like my dear papa!!


Closing Time by Green Day
Closing time, open all the doors and let you out into the world
Closing time, turn all the lights on over boy and every girl
Closing time, one last call for alcohol, so finish your whiskey or beer
Closing time, you don't have to go home, but you can't stay here

Closing time, time for you to go out to the places you will be from
Closing time, this room won't be open till your brother's or your sister's come
So gather up your jackets, moving to the exits, I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time, every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end, yeah

Closing time, time for you to go out to the places you will be from...


Ordinary Day by Great Big Sea
I've got a smile on my face, I've got four walls around me
The sun in the sky, the water surrounds me
I'll win now but sometimes I'll lose
I've been battered, but I'll never bruise, it's not so bad

And I say way-hey-hey, it's just an ordinary day
And it's all your state of mind
At the end of the day, you've still got to say, it's all right.

See that girl on the street, what keeps her from dying
Let them say what they want, she won't stop trying
She might stumble, if they push her 'round
She might fall, but she'll never lie down

It's a beautiful day, but there's always some sorrow
It's a double edged knife, but there's always tomorrow
It's up to you now if you sink or swim,
Keep the faith and your ship will come in.

No comments: