Saturday, January 13, 2007

Western ACF

So what about Western Ontario's ACF?

I admit, I was caught off guard. Imagine first CCF of the Fall term, complete with frosh and whatnot. That's what it felt like in that room. Maybe it wasn't THAT extreme. Maybe it was just cuz I didn't really know that much people in that room. *shrug* Need to work on that...tendency to shrink away at crowds...oy...

They opened the night, as usual, with worship. They had a violist going...the whole time I was thinking "man...she needs to be mic-ed"...lol. The room we were in were lecture like layout (so RCH-like rooms), but that was fine for the purpose of the night: sharing. I dunno...I felt some familiar elements with CCF...but there was something else in the air. Something I can't quite put my hands on...maybe I'll know more as I get to know the fellowship more.

I was fairly amused to note that complacentcy is also a problem at ACF (which was the sense I got through the sharings)...naturally my mind turned to CCF...but anyways. I think, until Friday, London felt pretty...empty? It was just another city...felt almost like Stratford to me, sometimes. But to be reconnected back into a CCF-like fellowship...it was pretty cool. Now I can say God is with ACF as well.

Its really cool that I spanned from knowing two or three people to knowing...more then two or three people! Lets see...

Heidi -> Gloria -> Random peoples in ACF
Jeff -> Steph
Vanessa -> Adrienne -> Sonya (who knew Denise Ma "since she was born" lol)

ACF who met CCF ppl at last CC. Probably Urbana too.
I dunno. I just thought it was really cool, seeing these connections unfold. Have a feeling that 4mth really won't be that much time... there's some pretty interesting peoples in ACF. The paths are expansive before me...

No comments: