Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Randomly randomness

Workplace: John P. Robarts Research Institute
Location: London, Ontario, Canada
Position: Programmer, Imaging Department

Over the term-shift break, I think I've made some random discoveries that I would document, but I honestly can't remember them right now. Lets see...I wrote this on...

--- Dec 5 ---

- Get rid of distractions
- Fight temptations
- Conquer bad thoughts and fill yourself with the Word
- Quiet down and listen

A handful of instructions from a friend of mine as I think about London. As I think about my incoming co-op term, I can't help wonder. Why we're sent to the places we're sent. Why people are placed where they are.

--- Dec 29 ---

Been almost a week since I've returned home. A few things have changed. Most didn't. An old friend of mine got a girlfriend. I gave him a lecture. Another friend want a girlfriend. I challenged him. But I guess some people don't like to think...

Home has been ... fairly quiet I guess. Random eating out with friends. Videogames and manga. A random 6 hr (to and from) trip to Edmonton. Eating sushi and laughing at dumb things. Getting 9 hrs of sleep a day. A nice switchup from the busyness of school...but...

Well. I shouldn't have expected collisions to happen quietly. Yet it would be more difficult to challenge than I had first expected...the barriers I must overcome are ... well. Formitable.

So I just got a random phone call from a friend of mine. Apparently Urbana is doing Ephesians, a book I've been telling myself to read for the last term. Since Eph 1-3 is loaded with things I don't understand properly, I decided to start from the more applicable stuff: Eph 4 and onwards.

Eph 4.1-14
- Unity and roles: "...some to be apostles, som eto be prophets, some to be evangelists... pastors... teachers...body of Christ may be built up..."
- Maturity: "...then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching..."

--- End Dec 29 ---

Didn't know where I was going with those...

Mmm...Work starts tomorrow. Hopefully the term goes well. Robarts. ACF. Biomedical Engineering. University of Western Ontario. PDEng 25. WTR prep for WKTRM4. Searching for WKTRM3 for Calgary. Reminder to pray for 2B and WKTRM3...

No comments: