Monday, April 02, 2007

Committee

Over the last few days, a few people have been asking me about how I'm handling Committee and not making it onto the team (thanks guys). As much as I want to say I didn't really care, I can't really. I spent a good two weeks, just thinking about the decision to run. I talked to many people, saught many opinions, then finally decided to just step up, that He will lead me to it if that is the way it should be.

I suppose I am a bit disappointed that the fellowship has deemed that I'm not good enough for this. This thought is combating the very thought that caused me to run in the first place. Did I not run because I'm not capable? Did I not step up in faith, and not in ability? Did I not ask that the doors I am not to step though be shut firmly? And so I did. It's taking a little longer than I thought to get into that "alright, what's plan B?" mentality, but yeah. Need a plan B up and running...whew.

I guess it just means I won't have to be mindful of Committee stuff for a while. I think though, all this Committee stuff got way overshadowed by all the Grad stuff. After attending both UWCCF and LCAC Grad Dinner, it's a little overwhelming, by all the grads leaving...trying to get in those handful of final encouragements before they fly off to HK or Vancouver or TO or whatever. Even grads need a firm foundation...perhaps, even more so for the grads, who won't have this type of community to fall back on.

Of all the songs that could be stuck in my head, it had to be the CCF Theme song, didn't it...oh well. Random patriotism to my fellowship. The communities I've come to love, in what limited way I can understand the word.

http://www.afc-ca.org/ministry/ccf/ccfthemesong.html

Just trying to find the Bibical basis for what I'm about to say next, when an example came to mind. Probably not the best example, but it came to mind first, so I'll use it. XD

In Damascus there was a disciple named Ananias. The Lord called to him in a vision, "Ananias!" "Yes, Lord," he answered.

The Lord told him, "Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying. In a vision he has seen a man named Ananias come and place his hands on him to restore his sight."

"Lord," Ananias answered, "I have heard many reports about this man and all the harm he has done to your saints in Jerusalem. And he has come here with authority from the chief priests to arrest all who call on your name."

But the Lord said to Ananias, "Go! This man is my chosen instrument to carry my name before the Gentiles and their kings and before the people of Israel. I will show him how much he must suffer for my name."
- Acts 9.10-16


The mentality to hold isn't Him saying "you're not good enough to serve Me"...it's more "you shouldn't be here right now"...and the fact that He chose to use a guy that was shutting down His people...that He used this guy to start churches and write books and travel and preach in His name...well. That's a pretty good example of Him using anyone, I'd say.

1 comment:

pi said...

i'm glad you ended off the way you did =) I was going to say that it wasn't a matter of your not being good enough, but I'm glad God showed you that and you came to that conclusion ^_^
your time will come..
I always think like how Roger talked about Moses.. and how Moses was all gung-ho for God, but still needed refining and stuff, and then God unleashed him later on when he was reading to listen to Him and be sensitive to God's call.
keep on brother