Saturday, April 21, 2007

Walking

I think, returning to Waterloo this week served well to remind me where I am. As I slowly disengaged my "London" mode and shifted back into "Waterloo" mode...can't exactly say I'm excited to leave London and ACF, but I'm slightly more at peace.

So at Westcourt, right now, is a fully deployed Settlers + Seafarers + Cities and Knights board. It's massive. It would take a few hours to play. We left the board as it, intending on playing it again when we're all back in town next week. Maybe that's how I feel a little sometimes. It took at least 10 minutes to set up (seed sowing). Maybe more. Than we had to teach the people who didn't know how to play (supporting each other). By the time we're underway, we're 30 minutes late (uncertainity). We play a little, than some of us had to leave (calling and commitments). So we walk away, expecting the board to still be there when we're back (hope). That's CCF. To just be able to walk away from it for four month...and come back...sure, there will be some new faces. But many old ones. There will be some new challenges. But many old memories.

It was a clear night tonight, but the light pollution meant I could've seen only one star in the night sky. But that's alright, because that one star pointed straight to Him. And even if all I did was sit and watch that one star, it would've been worth it. And that was all I needed.

No comments: