Sunday, April 15, 2007

Friendship blessings

When the servant of the man of God got up and went out early the next morning, an army with horses and chariots had surrounded the city.

"Oh, my lord, what shall we do?" the servant asked.

"Don't be afraid," the prophet answered. "those who are with us are more than those who are with them."

And Elisha prayed, "O LORD, open his eyes so he may see." Then the LORD opened the servant's eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.

- 2 Kings 6.15-17


When I read this, I remember thinking...wouldn't it be cool to see God's army? Would I rely on Him more if I knew His presence is actually physically (ish) just right here? I dunno. Alot of thoughts, don't know how to express it all. I've been thinking about the people I call friends...used by my definitions. Each and every single one of them I would say is a blessing. Why have I spent so much time asking for angels...when they're already here, in the forms of my brothers and sisters?

I may not have a pillar of fire to follow...but I'm always surrounded by my friends who are willing to point at only one direction...straight up. And that's how we stand together...

It's been a really up and down weekend. But I can smile again, even though all the chains and confusion. Because even though I don't understand at all, I can still pray a little. Even though I'm still chained down, the chains have long been broken...I guess, He's just waiting for me to walk a little further...more today than yesterday...more tomorrow than today.

Mmm...It's easy to forget...but when I'm sitting down, counting all my blessings, I realize that the best gifts I can ever ask for is already here. lol...I had really wish I could've walked with you longer, but I suppose...part of being selfless is letting you do the things you're called to do. Just like how I do the things I'm called to do. And as much as I wish to play guardian...I can only do so much in place of the true Father. In needing of accountability...

Woke up today with this song in my lips...


Love the Lord your God
Love the Lord your God With all your heart,
with all your soul And all your mind and,
Love all of mankind...

We've got Christian lives to live,
We've got Christian love to give
We've got nothing to hide
We've got the Lord on our side!

Love...

2 comments:

pi said...

aww yiay!

thanks for posting =D
haha and when you think about the body (the brothers and sisters) in conjunction WITH the angels - muaahaha so much more craziness indeed - and THEN add on the Holy Spirit within you, and the fact

God bless and keep on hard after HIM!

p.s. congrats again on committee - I hope you're excited to see how God will continue to blow your mind on what you consider to be amazing grace ^_^ I'm excited for you!

p.p.s. DOCTOR!!~~~!!! haha so fun!
http://www.gadgetell.com/images/022006/ds_surgery_250.jpg

pi said...

hmm cut out part of my comment...

and the fact

that Jesus is everything we need, and everything we think we need to strive for.
hehe I've been reading Sit, Walk, Stand; I'll hopefully get around to blogging about it =D

so it's easy to see why we are more than conquerors ^_^